Thursday, November 6, 2014

Five Little Things I Love About Halloween

Halloween has never been my absolute favorite of all the holidays (Christmas holds that top spot in my heart!). But now that it has come and gone for another year, I find myself missing it terribly. And all that missing has inspired me to make a list of some of the wonderful aspects I love about this most truly FUN part of the fall season.

1. It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

 

This Halloween Classic is the favorite of my childhood heart. I could watch it over and over again and never tire. Simply put, Halloween just isn't Halloween without extremely large doses of Snoopy and the Gang.

2. Yummy Treats


I love getting in the kitchen and whipping up a special little something for Halloween, and Rice Krispie Treats are pretty much always on the menu. This year I took them to the next level by adding Reese's Pieces. And oh my goodness gracious was my man ever so happy! They were A-MA-ZING.

3. Popcorn Balls


In my family, popcorn balls at Halloween are a tradition. My Mama made them every year and still does. Oh, how I love them. 

4. Carving Pumpkins


Jack-O-Lanterns are the universal symbol of Halloween, and creating one with family and friends is nostalgic and fun. When it comes to dressing them up, the possibilities are endless. But a good ole carved pumpkin will never go out of style.

5. Hocus Pocus


Hocus Pocus. It is ridiculously silly and that is exactly what makes it so special. When it comes to this movie I simply Cannot. Help. Myself. I love it. I do. 

What do you love most about Halloween?

xxo, Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment