Friday, April 26, 2013

Happy Birthday . . . Ella Fitzgerald

I could not let this day go by without wishing The First Lady of Song, Jazz, Scat...and my favorite singer, Miss Ella Fitzgerald, a most Happy Birthday.
 
 
Ella Jane Fitzgerald was born on April 25, 1917 in Newport News, Virginia and grew up in Yonkers, New York. After overcoming humble beginnings and a few rough patches, Ella went on to become the most popular female jazz singer of all time. And in this, she gained wisdom.


Ella was sweet, sultry and timeless...








 

 


Yet she possessed a matchless voice that could imitate every instrument an orchestra had to offer. No one could scat like Ella...
 
 
When Ella Fitzgerald sings, I experience joy. She soothes my soul and makes my heart a dancer. For this, I am grateful.  
 
 
So, Happy Birthday in heaven, Miss Ella. You are loved, remembered, and without compare.
 
xxo, Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment